Data and fact

The history of HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik

Innovation and Flexibility since 1929: We still feel committed to this tradition to date

HEMSCHEIDT's beginnings date back to 1929. The history of HEMSCHEIDT was essentially characterised by its founder Hermann Hemscheidt. Since 1919 he, together with a former fellow student, produced  spare parts and products for mining in his metal foundry and fittings factory in Wuppertal-Elberfeld.

In 1929 Hermann Hemscheidt left his business partner and transferred the department "HEMSCHEIDT" into a single enterprise, the Maschinenfabrik HEMSCHEIDT Wuppertal (MHW).

Hermann Hemscheidt managed the company right from the start and did not retire from management until 1973 aged 89. Dr.-Ing. e.h. Hermann Hemscheidt died one year later aged 90. Mr. Alexander Hemscheidt took over the business and he was chief partner and managing director of HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik until the sale to the Hübner Group in 2007.

1929 was not only the year of the Great Depression, but also the year when the city of Wuppertal was established by consolidating the seven small towns along the Wupper River. Today there are still close ties between  HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik and the Bergisches Land. Most suppliers still come from this region  and were, resp. have been reliable partners for the companies of the HEMSCHEIDT Corporation for decades.

The products from  the house of HEMSCHEIDT have always been innovative, technological leaders. To this very date the company and its constant new developments proves that it is an important partner of industry. HEMSCHEIDT products are used in numerous military vehicles. These components need to be extraordinarily sturdy, capable of bearing high loads and efficient.

Time journey through the HEMSCHEIDT Company History